Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Alzheimer's

Well, today my friend Toni had a meeting for he Girl Scout Golden Award project, or something like that. That project is basically for 65 hours and about something you are passionate about. She, chose Alzheimer's disease, because her Grandma has it and she has seen the effects of it.
So, I went to the meeting she invited me to and we learned about her project and such, also as a bonus there was pizza and cookies and water there.
At the end we got to sign up for volunteering to help out with the Alzheimer's clients (they don't like to say they are patients). So I have signed up for this Friday sometime after school.
Also, there is a walk I believe to support Alzheimer's patients and I plan to sign up for it once there is more information. It should be fun though. :)

No comments: