Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Performances

Today started out as a kind of a bad day, with a 3 problem math quiz in Algebra 2, forgetting part of my world cultures work which thankfully doesn't matter, forgetting my reading book and journal for English and having to write an essay on why it is important to be a responsible honors student (which I found a little bit funny), but then fourth period I didn't forget anything, lunch I studied for a spanish test, 5th I think I did pretty well on the spanish test and finally theatre. But that was the best period. I was originally 2nd but was bumped to 3rd because someone wasn't there for their Spoonriver performance. I was fine with being third though. So Alyssa finishes and it is my turn. I go out and start performing and while saying my words my throat does a little throat jump, but I got over it. At the end I forget my tagline but then say the line I just said again casually as if it is supposed to be there and then remember my tag line and end with an energetic finish. My notes. Well first of all you have to know yesterday's notes which have to do with my Spoonriver performance, basically all I got was that my breathing was loud (but then Troy said to not pay attention to the person who said that which made me feel better) the other note I got was a question on the jewelry prop, so I explained it and they understood it after that. Today my notes were: You had great energy as soon as you came on stage, and you said the other persons lines as if they were really mean which is something she would do. (eep yay!) My other note was: What happened to your voice, and in response to that I said "I don't know what happened." because I really didn't. The last note was a tiny note on staging that really wasn't too important at the time. But anyway I got a 97% on it, which is really good and my teacher told me that he was glad I was taking chances and not being intimidated by the upperclassmen. He says I am doing really well, which is good for me. Hooray!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Don't forget to film some of these so I can see them, too! :)